Recent PhD students:
Recently, I have supervised students conducting field projects in South Africa and Indonesia:
- James Waterman – Intergroup conflict in wild crested macaques
- Simon Stringer (2020) Seed dispersal in samango monkeys
- Isabelle Szott (2020) Stress & coping strategies in savanna elephants
- Ed Parker (2019) Behavioural ecology of samango monkeys
- Harriet Thatcher (2019) Socio-ecology and anthropogenic disturbance in vervet monkeys
- Samina Farooqi – Social relationships and social skills of young chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) in captivity
- Bino Majolo – Conflict management in wild Japanese macaques
I am and have been second supervisor for many postgraduate students and an Examiner for several PhD/MPhil candidates. I currently supervise several MSc research projects.
If you’re interested in working on any of my projects or a related theme, please get in touch by sending your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. As ever, a main constraint is funding. Any funding opportunities will be advertised here when available, if nothing is posted you would need to self-fund or have a plan of where to apply for funding.